Wing panel build

Each wing panel needs to have a 1.5 degree washout that is built in with a 3/16" shim at the TE of the outer most rib. I so happens that the building magnets I use are exactly 3/16" think so this helped, and all I needed to add where a few shims along the TE.

To get the washout locked into the wing shape a followed advice in an RC groups article. First, build the TE, ribs, and bottom spar on flat surface. Next, raise the structure per washout requirements and build in everything else: webbing, top main spar, sub-spar and LE.



After both wing panels where complete I turned my attention to building the aileron. These had to be cut out from the built wing and rebuilt with a new LE and TE. I made sure to mark the cut lined on the relevant ribs before gluing them into the wing:




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Covering

Fuselage, part 2

Electronics