Covering

I selected Esaki tissue from Peck Polymers; picked blue and orange that best fit the end result I wanted to achieve: colors that are close to the actual plane and a covering material that will highlight the model's structure.

These are the horizontal stabilizer and elevator fins covered in orange tissue with two coats of sealer:


After practicing on the stabilizers, elevator, and rudder I turned my attention to the fuselage. The complex contours posed a challenge that I wanted to tackle first and here are some results.

The windows are covered and cut away after applying a coat of sealer to the covering, leaving the cross members covered:



A view of the internal setup and a top view of the battery hatch:


The battery hatch is located at the bottom of the fuselage behind F3. The hatch is secured with a simple swiveling latch and a silk strap:

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fuselage, part 2

Electronics